HTC Evo 4G, Why it’s Awesome.

You know why HTC Evo 4G is awesome?

Because I am writing this very blog post “wifi tethered” FREE via my rooted HTC Evo 4G.  And you know what, I can also do cool things like get off my computer and browse the web on my HTC Evo 4G WHILE it’s tethering my laptop, which is actually uploading a 300MB file to my FTP server.   And that I just realized, something I can’t do with my iPhone 3G, 3Gs, nor 4.

That’s why it’s awesome.

To me, a smartphone has to do two vital things, make phone calls and let me use free internet tethered to my computer via WiFi.  If it can do those things without me worrying about not shorting its antennas, that’s all I really need because I am always on the go, I need something that will connect me to the internet at all times, also connect my computer at the same time.

Btw, I use the ConnectBot tool on my HTC Evo 4G which is great for SSHing into web servers to make sure it’s always up and running.  I am no longer tied to my netbook, I can be anywhere, anytime and manage my servers if I need to.

From a business point, it’s a must have phone.  Of course, don’t forget Samsung Epic 4G is coming out soon too, which will be “epic”.

And oh yeah, Sprint has the “white” HTC Evo 4Gs now on sale.

9 Responses to HTC Evo 4G, Why it’s Awesome.

1. Unxpekted says:

You know I love you and your site Zedo! Haha but I have bad news.

A recent test by “CNET” to find out the best speeds, and download times from carriers was recorded recently. The video can be watched under CNET videos.

Among the phones tested, iPhone, Evo, Droid X, etc. Unfortunately the WORST speed times and network strength came from DDDAADDDUNNNAAAAAAA THE EVO.

Abysmal download speeds and awful reception strength was displayed from the Evo. Probably Sprints shitty network. Unfortunately this really is a sign of the fact that if you have all the right hardware and a bad carrier, its sort of like having a HUGE motor and bald tires (no traction).

I was SHOCKED to be honest when I heard this. A well known blogcast called the “404” completely shut down the Evo a long time Evo owner himself confirmed the Evo’s lack of support and its disappointing network speed and strength.

Hmmm… well, I own like 5 smartphones now so it doesn’t matter, just got Samsung Vibrant!!! Evo is the fastest though still, those CNET reviews aren’t all that reliable you know. They get millions in sponsorship so I don’t think CNET is the best source for unbiased tests.

3. Unxpekted says:

Na pretty reliable dude, especially when someone who loves it and owns it for a year attests to it. Everyone knows Sprint is weak.

CNET is a pretty good source in my mind, they are not biased (CNN of Tech sites).

As far as you owning the Samsung Vibrant and 5 smartphones, thats ***, spoiled much?

4. Unxpekted says:

Vibrant sucks by the way, I didnt want to say it but I must. Plastic feel, no flash, no front facing camera. Yo what do you do for work just curious?

PS. Please dont take my comments to heart, I love discussing stuff with you, in turn I feel I learn more about products, and I hope you sometimes take something positive from mine.

Are you serious?!? Maybe where you live in Virginia but here in California, everyone knows Sprint/Verizon is the best coverage.

What do I do for work? I blog for a living, I thought you already knew that. I make TONS of blogs, blog all day long! 🙂 Here, you will enjoy this video, this is what I do:

7. Unxpekted says:

Oh I am in DC, the test was done in a major city, New York.

HAHAHAAHA that video is awesome. Man how the hell you make money off blogs, and is it good money? I see no Ads here. Hmm interesting.

Oh, I was close enough, ur IP routes through Virginia btw, you can make money off blogs with ads and other affiliate programs but you first need to learn to bring web traffic to your blog. To do that, you just blog, blog, and blog, well that’s my method.

9. Unxpekted says:

Can you give me a figure of what kind of money you make yearly? Also Va, DC, Maryland, im all over it, we call it the DMV.