Well, it just keeps getting better, there’s some Russian rumors that Android 3.0 will be coming in October this year with support for 1280×760 resolution. For those of you who haven’t bought an HTC Evo 4G, Droid X, or the iPhone 4, you might actually want to hold out just couple more months as “super” Android phones might hit the market later this year perhaps with 2Ghz mobile processors.
* Android 3.0 Gingerbread will be released in mid- October (around 15 -16th), 2010. First handsets shipping in November/December – for the Holiday Season.
* Minimum hardware requirements for Android 3.0 devices are: 1GHZ CPU, 512MB or RAM, displays from 3.5″ and higher. We all of course heard that Android handsets with 2GHz CPU’s are coming.
* New 1280×760 resolution available for the devices with displays of 4″ and higher
* Completely revamped user interface. If you want to get a feeling of what Android 3.0 Gingerbread UX is like, check out the Gallery App on Nexus One. The same overall feel, light animated transitions,etc. Natively, through all the UI.
* Android’s split into 2 branches becomes official. 3.0 for top of the line/high end devices. Cheap, low-end mass market handsets will keep Android 2.1/2.2