Wow, WordPress 3.0 is out just now, it’s the most “impressive” WordPress version so far. I won’t be actually installing it on this blog until they work out the kinks/bugs but here’s some really cool features:
- Easy URL shortening right from Dashboard
- Customizable header menu bars without coding.
- WordPress MU integrated into WordPress 3.0, meaning you can use it to power millions of blogs from one installation.
- More CMS-type stuff
- Set your own admin name for added security
- New default theme – Twenty Ten that takes advantage of WordPress 3.0’s new features
- Products, Contacts, Employees, and even Newsletter section.
Certainly, this seems like what a lot of us have been looking for, WordPress becoming more sophisticated for business users and more room for customization.
I am gonna actually go test it out on one of my smaller blogs, this is exciting!