Modaco, the famous Android smartphone hacker, has just “rooted” the new Dell Streak.
Of course, there’s no custom ROMs available now but having your Streak “rooted” means you can expect a lot of great things to come real soon.
How to use Superboot – Windows, Linux and OSX
– Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
– Put your device in bootloader mode – Unplug the device from your PC, remove the device battery, then replace it and turn device on with the camera button pressed. Select the ‘fastboot’ text on the top right, wait around 10 seconds then plug the device into your PC. The screen display should change to ‘FASTBOOT MODE’. If it doesn’t, repeat and retry (it’s a bit temperamental!)
– WINDOWS – double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’
– MAC – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh’
– LINUX – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh’