Well, Christmas is right around the corner and this is the “only” time I seriously let loose and enjoy a holiday. (as most holidays are useless to me, I rather work on holidays)
If you want to have a great Christmas, you might want to make sure you don’t have to work on 24th through 26th at the least.
You don’t have to be religious to celebrate Christmas by the way. I’ve always thought it was just a great day to give and receive presents and that is probably what you need to enjoy the most anyways.
So I don’t really care where you are at, just try to enjoy yourself on Christmas, perhaps it can be a rather relaxing time for you.
Other ideas for having a great Christmas:
- If it snows where you live (unlike where I am in San Francisco), make sure to take your loved ones and friends to build on snowman on Christmas. Oh yeah, don’t forget to have a big snow fight and take lots of photos/videos.
- If it doesn’t snow, perhaps take your family to where it snows for the Christmas holidays. (For me, I would have gone to Lake Tahoe this year if I wasn’t so cash-strapped. Dang it Scrooge!)
- Of course, if you have a job, make sure to ask your boss for an extended leave, this is the perfect time to get away from slavery as long as you can. Perhaps you can get like 2 weeks off straight.
- Prepare yourself (or your favorite cook) to make some great Christmas food. (Santas.net has some great resources on Santa’s food so…)
- In most cultures including my Korean background, people tend to have a tradition at the end of the year so I am sure you know what to do here, get together with your extended family and have fun!
- Don’t forget to give gifts, although I am in a “super-saving” mode this year, check my last-minute Christmas gadgets gifts if you are still behind like me.
- Oh yeah, Christmas Lights, you might want to jingle up your whole house (or apartment) with some holiday lights. WHY NOT? Of course, my DIY Christmas Light Controllers…
- The road will probably be empty on Christmas Day, if you have a fast sports car, make sure to rump the highways and try those drifting practices you are behind on.
- If you are going to be leaving your home for the holidays, make sure to lock your house fully and install some automatic timer lights so the Christmas burglars don’t get yours. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Apparently and sadly, Christmas is also a high-season for burglars. If you don’t believe me, watch the movie Home Alone!
Lastly, you should believe Santa Claus is going to come down your chimney, make sure your chimney is open if you do have one. (lucky you!) *For kids – You might be able to see Santa Claus if you stay up by the chimney!
Well, still couple more days to go, everyone have happy and safe holidays.
P.S. One more thing, don’t drink and drive, rather, drive then drink. 🙂