(Me, playing with my brother-in-law’s DSLR.)
Yes, today, I finally got the guts to charge some money on my credit cards to buy a whole bunch of DSLR gadgets, mainly for use at CES 2010, I really need it as I can’t compete against other tech bloggers unless I have the right tools at the show. (And yes, you can expect some high, quality HD Youtube videos and pics from Zedomax.com when January hits. I’ve also invested a bunch of money on a week of airfare, hotel, and whatnot. Btw, I am going on Virgin airlines, get WiFi and live blogging on the airplane! Yey!)
So, here’s the sum of what I’ve bought today for my Canon 7D DSLR Camera:
(And btw, I did about a month of researching online and talking to my photographer friends beforewards)
- Canon 7D DSLR Camera Body w/ 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens – $1899.99 on Amazon
- SanDisk 16GB Compact Flash 60MB/s – $146.80 on Amazon – Yes, you will definitely need some compact flash, this is the best and fastest Compact Flash you can buy right now. (Alternative Kingston 32GB might be a good option although rated less at 40MB/s. Read this thread for advice on CF cards.)
- Extra Battery – I will need an extra battery pack just in case I do some long HD footages, which I will at CES 2010.
- The Tamrac Aero Speed Pack 85 Camera/Laptop Backpack – This I will use so I can store both my Canon 7d and my future-wife-to-be 13.3″ ASUS UL30A laptop (which I haven’t got, waiting for the price to drop on/after Black Friday).
- Manfrotto Tripod – I will need a tripod definitely for taking some videos or doing interviews. This one seemed ideal as it’s portable yet Manfrotto-quality for durability.
- Camera Flash? – I was looking at this cheapo flash that swivels 360 degrees but figured CES will be full of lights anyways, I might just stick with the on-board flash on the Canon.
I spent a total of about $2300 in the new camera equipment. Well, I think it’s definitely going to be worth the investment as I am planning to go to a LOT of shows next year including home shows, web 2.0 shows, and others especially a lot of shows are held in downtown SF where I live 10 minutes away from.
This will be a lot of fun because this is the first DSLR camera I will ever own plus I have been playing a lot with my brother-in-law’s Canon 5d, expect some higher quality vids/photos soon!
Btw, if anyone is going to be at CES 2010 and you are exhibiting, don’t forget to let me know via zedomax [at] gmail.com so I can put you on my priority list for new tech companies to interview using my Canon 7d!
Did I forget anything? Let me know all you photo DSLR experts out there in the comments line.
Okay, excited, let me go cool down by hitting some golf balls…