I’ve probably been a very happy guy most of my life. When I was growing up, my friends would tell me to stop smiling even. Well, good thing I ignored those advices, I am still a very happy guy most of the time.
Here’s some tips that can help you to be happy all the time like me:
- Smile a lot. I like to smile like ALL THE TIME. Smiling has proven to increase your serotonin levels and make you live longer and healthier.
- Rest a lot. Although I probably work more than most of you 9 to 5ers, I actually probably rest more often too. When I work, I try to divide up my time so I do a little bit at a time. Even when I do dishes, I will do 2 at a time for 3 hours until I finish, I don’t do them all at one setting.
- Eat small often. This can help your stomach be happy and thus make you happier too. Don’t eat big meals, you will ultimately feel bloated and feel “tired” afterwards. Well, this is probably a “general” advice.
- Draw cartoons and diagrams. – Drawing cartoons and diagrams will help strengthen your right brain, the creative side of you and help you get more creative thus more happy. Make your brain more creative, you will be happier.
- Do things slowly and do it right the first time. – When you do things slowly enough, you will do them right the first time. Don’t ever do things too fast and have to do it again the 2nd time, 3rd time, yuck!
- Think good, positive thoughts. – This is something I learned from listening to Anthony Robbin’s tapes when I was about 10 years old. I think it’s great advice to only fill your mind with great, positive thoughts. You are only what you think. By the time you think about the last time your wife did something bad to you, that’s only the beginning. On the other hand, when you fill your mind with great thoughts everyday, there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t be happy.
- Use a lot of smilies in your e-mail and blog posts. Smiling doesn’t end in physical life, you should continue to smile online too, especially if you spend more time there like me.
- Wave a lot and say thank yous. – I love greeting people by waving my hand. I know it’s so simple but a lot of people don’t even do that when they meet their friends or strangers. Waving a lot and saying thank yous a lot will help you through your day much easier and you will be happier. Wave and say thank you everytime you take your clothes to the cleaners or everytime you buy cigarettes from 7-eleven. I know it sounds stupid but it does make you a happier person and whoever is receiving those waves and thank yous will feel happier too! 🙂
(Do you like Odie I drew? I’ve been drawing Garfield and Odie since 20+ years ago. Yes, I am a big fan. 🙂 )
Well, I hope these tips help you become happier with your life like me! Trust me, I’ve had more hardships than a lot of normal people out there but I have always took them in stride and turned them all into great, fun opportunities. Smile now, your brain will thank you for it. 🙂