Lady Ada has done it again! I still remember when I first met her at the Maker Faire couple years back, very nice lady indeed who keeps stirring up really cool DIY kits.
Here’s her latest Russian VFD alarm clock kit, it features vaccuum flourescent tube and open-source platform so you can hack it all you want.
Why limit yourself to a clock? Hack it and make it tweet your GPS location via your Palm Pre. hahaha. Happy hacking.
- Cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits and alarm on/off dot
- Adjustable brightness
- Alarm with volume adjust
- Precision watch crystal keeps time with under 20ppm (0.0002%) error (< 2 seconds a day)
- Clear plastic enclosure protects clock from you and you from clock
- Battery backup will let the clock keep the time for up to 2 weeks without power
- Selectable 12h or 24h display
- Displays day and date
- 10 minute snooze
- Integrated boost converter so it can run off of standard DC wall adapters, works in any country regardless of mains power
- Great for desk or night table use, the clock measures 4.9″ x 2.9″ x 1.3″ (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
- Completely open source hardware and software, ready to be hacked and modded!