Well, today, let me give you some advice on how to find the home of your dreams:
1. Get your personal finances right. If your credit is bad, fix it. If it’s not, get pre-approved for a home purchase, you will have much easier time dealing with your broker.
2. Go seek and find your dream house persistently on a daily basis. Heck, I even have a blog about ones I find so I can come back to it.
3. Look for foreclosures – Times are bad for home owners and people who lose jobs but this can be great advantage for you if you can find a bank foreclosure.
4. Negotiate – Recession economy means you can negotiate the price down 20-30% easy. People need cash and you can use that as leverage.
5. Have a real estate broker friend? I know most of you in mid-20s and later probably have at least 1 good friend who has a broker license. Make a deal with him/her and pay almost nothing for broker fees.
6. Own a home business? Try getting a commercial warehouse/loft space and you can “write off” your monthly mortgage payments as expenses.
Have more advice? Use our Guest Blogger account and get free online exposure too!