After months of deliberation, Amazon has finally launched their new Kindle 2. There’s many features that are much better over the old Kindle such as thinner device, sunlight readability, better screen, a KEYBOARD!, built-in dictionary, and you can order every book right on the Kindle 2.
- Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines
- Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
- Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
- Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images
- Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
- More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
- Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
- Read-to-Me: With the new Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud to you
- Large Selection: Over 230,000 books plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs available
- Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise
What I like most about the new Kindle is that it’s revolutionary, (finally) sorta like when the new Apple MacBook Air came out. (it was so thin)
This is probably the most revolutionary e-book device ever as you have basically every book at Amazon.com in the palm of your hands and you can carry it anywhere with you while you don’t have to pay for 3G broadband connections. You can also read blogs, which means you can just get the device to read new blogs daily. (I believe it’s free)
I also like the new 16 shades of gray, seems like we are going back in time when I was “wowed” at the new 256 grayscale monitor in the 80s. But I know for a fact that due to the nature of this device (it has an LCD that does not have to be powered when idle), you cannot make Kindle color. (unless our battery technology gets better and better)
If Amazon.com was a revolution, this could be another one for them.
I am so excited, I will have to pre-order one, you can pre-order one too here on Amazon, shipped starting Feb. 24th.