Asus is working on their new Linux box that looks like wii.
* As per our previous speculation, an official launch of the Eee Box will indeed take place on June 3rd at Computex in Taiwan. Hardly surprising given the show is in Taiwan, the home of Asus and many a computing manufacturer.
* Specs wise, our source told us the machines would be launching with 2GB RAM as standard, along with a 160GB hard drive – obviously not an SSD.
* These new machines will be running the same Linux distro found on the Eee PCs – no bad thing by our reckoning.
* It’ll be launching in the UK in Q3 and be available and be available in white, though no word was made as to the availability of the proposed black version.
* Finally, and somewhat disappointingly, our source couldn’t confirm whether these early systems would in fact be using the Centrino Atom platform adding: “I honestly don’t know at this point”. In any case, with other vendors beginning to announce Atom powered machines, the odds are overwhelmingly stacked in Atom’s favour on this one.