Aptera Electric Car

Aptera Electric Car

video://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU7r5tDxO3U

Check out this cool lookin’ Aptera Electric Car. They even got bunch of videos on their myspace page.

Looks like a big bug…haha…

Pre-order yours, it looks like this one’s gonna be a lucky one.

But only if you want to become known as the town eccentric. Clocking up a smug environmentalist’s dream 230mpg and maxing out at 55mph, the hybrid electro/diesel freakshow is available for pre-order now – although it’ll cost around £15,000 for Americans to buy when it starts shipping in 12 months time.

via techdigest

12 Responses to Aptera Electric Car

1. Prognog says:

Electric cars will definitely be viable soon. I’m not sure about this one in particular, but there’s several out there that are on the brink of something big.

2. Alex Campbell says:

Why wait for some magic electric car of the future? I work for ZAP and we’re selling a 40 MPH city speed electric car and truck. Start conserving gas, saving money and helping the environment. I did and so can you.

Oohhh… nice ZAP cars… 🙂

4. srilyk says:

Yeah. THAT looks safe… not!

Oh yeah, that doesn’t look safe huh?

6. Alex Campbell says:

The XEBRA is not the type of vehicle that does high performance, dangerous driving. It is an around town kinda car. I drive one. It It conforms to DOT safety regulations. The top speed is limited to 40 MPH. Actually some parents in Oregon bought one so their 16-yr-old could drive it around town. It’s pretty cool, check it out. I actually waited for about 10 years to buy an EV1 and finally went with a conversion, which was an expensive project, then traded it in when the XEBRA came out. Like I said, no need to wait.

Weren’t you guys the ones working with Google?

8. Alex Campbell says:

Google! What a great company! I’m not sure what you are referring to, but LOL I remember back before they went public the Google founders Brin and Page (?) were in the NY Times and BusinessWeek riding ZAPPY scooters. We’ve delivered over 100,000 EVs (bikes, scooters, now our XEBRA cars). Doesn’t Google have some big foundation to support plug-in hybrids?

I remember reading an article some guy from Sweden or somethin’ bought an electric car division of GM or maybe I got it mixed up….let me go read my magazine in my bathroom…

10. Alex Campbell says:

I read that too. The original Norwegian entrepreneur that created the Th!nk for Ford is trying to resurrect it. Honestly, although I work for ZAP, the more EV companies the better for the planet.

Oh yeah, that was Think… Is ZAP better than Think?

12. Nate says:

Wow, so many things wrong with that quote. The top speed is actually 95 mph (electronically limited). It’s not a diesel/electric vehicle, but a gas-powered serial plug-in hybrid. As for safety, composites make incredibly good crumple zones, and Aptera uses a formula-1 inspired safety cell.