This could be great to low budget project requiring color sorting.
Once the Sensor was figured out I started to build everything. Most of the parts including the DC motor and stepper motor were taken from an old HP 712c Printer I had laying around. The carriage system for the ink head was my main platform for the sorting process to occur on. I then had to design a way to control the flow of m&m’s, this was accomplished with the idea of using a system that is commonly found in gumball machines and a coin sorting machine. I then made a CAD drawing for it to be milled by my father using a CNC machine.