I was at my local Dollar Store the other day and when I saw this Heart shaped Touch Light, I had to hack one for my gf.Here’s a quick hack on how to make a regular Touch Light and make it into a Glowing Heart Night Light.
Click on “Continue reading” to see the complete howto.
Touch Light from local Dollar Store: $1
CB220 Module: $34
12V Adaptor: $9
11 RED High Output LEDs : about $5
Total Cost for parts: $54
1) First you get the parts ready…
2) Unscrew the screws on the Tough Light and open it up.
3) Build the Proto-board and then build the circuit.
4) Get rid of the bulb.
5) You can use a 12V adaptor to power the thing or use 9V battery too.
6) Cut the end of the adaptor and slide it through the holes in the Heart Touch Light.
7) Connect the cut lines to the DC Jack of the protoboard
8) Connect the DC Adaptor ends as shown above.
9) Place the whole board on top.
10) Get a piece of plastic or make a little film piece using scotch tape.
11) tape it nice so the board stays in tact.
12) Download this program to the CUBLOC CB220 module:
Const Device = CB220 Dim Duty As Integer Dim direction As Byte Dim onoff As Byte Dim ct As Byte onoff=0 Output 5 Output 6 Output 7 Duty=0 direction=0 On Timer(5) Gosub here Do Loop here: If direction=0 Then Duty=Duty+25 Else Duty=Duty-25 End If Pwm 0,Duty,1024 Pwm 1,Duty,1024 Pwm 2,Duty,1024 If Duty>1024 And direction=0 Then direction=1 If Duty<5 And direction=1 Then direction=0 For ct=0 To 15 onoff = onoff Xor 1 Out 0,onoff Out 1,onoff Out 2,onoff Out 3,onoff Out 4,onoff Wait 50 Next End If Return
12) Screw the whole Touch Light together and test it out!