Segway Wheelchair!

video://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv_SfonG4w4

This is the most awesome wheelchair ever!

Josep Mora, designer from Barcelona, adapted this Segway for people with reduced mobility. He added a hand break to keep the vehicle standing on its own when stopped, a folding handle bar and a folding ramp to put the vehicle in the trunck. Watch the video.

via freshcreation

12 Responses to Segway Wheelchair!

1. William Smith says:

Where do I purchase Segway wheel chair? My location is ST Louis.

Unfortunately, you can’t buy one yet, this one was made by the user. But you can probably make one with a little hardware know how…

3. William Smith says:

It should be obvious that if I need a wheelchair I do not have the capacity to make one. The other statement is a joke also. With a little hardware knowledge you should be able to make one.

Well, maybe you can find someone to turn a segway into a segway chair?

5. Jerry Marquart says:

Max, you obviously do not know what you have here!

The most revolutionary form of transportation to come along in my 48 years in a chair, and its not being made available commercially! Come on!

The “user” who did the modifications could at least assist in making the specifications available for others to use. To have this not available is outrageous!

Hmmm… I am sure any segway company can make this available commercially. Maybe it’s not profitable for them. There IS liability for the wheelchair being more dangerous too with more possible faulty parts…maybe that’s why???

7. Jerry Marquart says:

Max, are you a representative of Segway?

If so, why are you guessing about the reasons why not? Contact with the parent company should clarify matters.

If not, perhaps you could suggest how this may be clarified for those of us who might be interested. I would even be willing to sign a waiver, if insurance issues are a concern.

By the way, I did contact my local dealer for Segway. I left a message on their voice mail, and I have yet to receive a response.

Hi Jerry,
    I am not a representative of Segway. Of course not. BUT, yes, maybe if enough people want it, Segway will make it.

9. Rick says:

A friend of mine was just in Boston and came upon two segway users. One of the segways was modified to be a wheelchair. It was just a brief meeting on a street corner, but it sounded like the guy was an automobile accident spinal injury person with use of just one arm. He said it transformed his life, and that it was modified by tinkerer friend (friends?) in garage, or something. No pictures, no contact info, no nothing… I’m just googling it and ended up here. Hopefully someone in boston will try to get the info out.

10. Pingback: becerius.ceberi.us » becerius bookmarks 08/28/2007

11. atcsjo says:

I am a long distance walker and have done several 1/2 marathons and other shorter races. I don’t like to train by myself. This would be great for my husband, who is disabled, he could then go on my training walks with me….. Are they avaible in Florida?

12. Wheelchairs says: