iPad 2 versus Galaxy Tab 10.1, who will win the battle of tablets?
Some things that the iPad 2 falls behind the Galaxy Tab 10.1:
1. I found that camera on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 was much better, indeed the Galaxy Tab 10.1 has a camera sensor 3 times bigger than iPad 2, which allows clearer/better photos/videos. Go look at any other iPad 2 vs. Tab 10.1 comparisons, you will see that camera is much better.
2. The stereo speakers on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 proved to me more useful (at least for me), why in the heck did Apple put mono, single speakers on their iPad 2? I have no idea but it sucks over having stereo sound.
3. Thinner and lighter than iPad 2 – Galaxy Tab 10.1 is indeed thinner and lighter than iPad 2. Besides real facts, the Tab 10.1 “feel” a ton lighter than iPad 2 due to its longer design while the iPad 2 feels like a big brick, well it is a big brick.
4. Customizable widgets – iPad 2 is boring with limited number of things you can do like put app icons and change background images while the Galaxy Tab 10.1 allows you to put customized widgets and even animated background images.
5. Multi-tasking – I did various different tests (outside the video) and the Galaxy Tab 10.1 did everything better and faster when many apps were open with apps running simultaneously while the iPad 2 lagged as you can see in the video.
6. Apps – Android market has grown huge with a better market than ever, more apps than ever. If there’s an app for iPad, there’s an app for the Tab 10.1.
7. Hackability – iPad can’t be overclocked, nor hacked to death like Galaxy Tab 10.1, which can be overclocked to 1.6Ghz.
Without a doubt, Tab 10.1 does a lot of things better than iPad 2 and clearly, that is why Apple sued Samsung. Don’t get jealous, sell your old brick and get a real tablet like Tab 10.1.