Here’s a cool little hack that let’s you get free wifi from Starbucks or AT&T Hotspots!
Basically, you change the “User-Agent” to iPhone User Agent, which is the header part of HTTP transmission.
Then you put in the phone number of any of your friends’ iPhone. I personally know about 3 people in my cellphone address book, so this should be piece of cake.
For Firefox, you can download User Agent Switcher Plugin to change the User Agent.
Definitely, this is the easiest hack I’ve seen so far for cracking Wifi hotspots.
Here’s how to do it on a MAC:
1. Open Safari while connected to a AT&T wifi
2. Enter the Preferences, select the Advanced tab, and then select Show the Develop menu in the menu bar
3. From the Develop menu select User Agent
4. Select the iPhone User-Agent
5. The page will reload and ask for a geniune iPhone number. Everybody has a friend with an iPhone, right?
6. Welcome to free internet from Starbucks