World Energy Movement – Do not buy Gas on May 15th and lower gas prices!!!

Do not buy Gas on May 15th and lower gas prices!!!

I’ve been getting several of these messages today, so I figured I might pass it on. Maybe we can make history and make May 15th the day to not buy gas and also use less gas.

DO NOT BUY GAS on the May 15th and let’s see what happens.

Let’s make it a world affair really and make it big!

On the side note, we have a new blog called, Keetsa! Check it out, it’s about eco-friendly and green! We are actually selling some mattresses but before we open our e-store, I figured I’d just put a blog on it.

Yes, we are always making too many blogs, but the big question is, (if you are not blogging) why are you not blogging?

You should be blogging~  🙂

Fwd: DO NOT Buy as May 15th. If nobody buys, the gas company loses 2 billion & the next day they will drop the price 35 cents, it worked in 1997, pass it on!

via keetsa!

12 Responses to World Energy Movement – Do not buy Gas on May 15th and lower gas prices!!!

1. Seo Blog says:

No offense, but this is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen go around and it seems to happen once or twice a year. Here’s the issue, if you don’t buy gas on that day, you’ll likely buy it the day before or the day after. So, the gas stations have bigger than normal days before and after the boycott. Thus, they are not harmed at all.

Now, if you really want to stick it to someone and get some attention, you would organize a boycott of one company. Say one week or month no one buys shell gas. They’ll drop the prices to draw people in, and the other companies will be forced to follow suit. That’s the only type of gas boycott that will work.

Hmmm…well it doesn’t hurt to give it a try. My car guzzles so much gas and I am always on the go, I will do anything to lower gas prices. Maybe I can just starting driving a motorcycle now…well my motorcycle permit just expired…just gotta make sure not to get pulled over… :p

3. garrett says:

It’s pointless to give it a try. Also, assume for a minute that everyone did take steps to reduce their gas consumption significantly. Maybe everyone car pooled for a month or rode a bicycle. Gas prices would drop slightly as the surplus needed to be moved out. However, the refinery production would be throttled back to avoid generating more surplus. The price of gas would stabilize. Then, when everyone stopped the boycott, there would be a severe gas shortage and prices would climb higher than they ever were.

4. Ben Kershner says:

You are a fucking idiot. I got a dozen emails last week that said if I didn’t forward them on, I was going to go bankrupt and die a miserable death, but if I did, the woman of my dreams would appear on my screen if I pressed F9. I received so many of them, THE MUST HAVE BEEN TRUE.

Seriously, try getting a fucking education. Learn something about say… I don’t know… supply chain, conservation, energy policy, SUPPLY AND DEMAND… and try fucking googling for the 1997 incident. IT DIDN’T HAPPEN.

@ Seo Blog – That doesn’t work either! If one company has all the business, they raise their prices because their demand is high and their supply would then be low, so ON AVERAGE everybody ends up paying the same fucking amount. And just because you only buy from the same regional gas station doesn’t mean that Big Oil hasn’t ALREADY made their money off of you. Seriously look this stuff up, this is the worst internet hoax ever!

They ONLY way to do ANYTHING is to lower your consumption.
    That, and not to elect politicians whose energy policy is get fellated by Big Oil.

5. Jake says:

I am sick and tired of getting similar e-mails to this. It won’t work. We all know we’ll just go out and buy gas in another few days anyway unless we don’t consume gas.

6. garrett says:

Ben; lowering our personal consumption won’t even save us money in the long term, if everyone does it. Lowering consumption only works for a few people, and only if everyone else continues to buy the same amount of fuel. If everyone buys less fuel, then the fuel that we do buy will be more expensive. Also, the fuel that powers our supply infrastructure will cost more, since they CAN’T reduce consumption, and the extra cost will simply be tacked onto your box of granola. If you ride your bike to work 3 days a week and own a fuel efficient car, that’s great for the oil companies because it means they can get the same amount of money, but produce less. The only way to REALLY make a difference is get away from petroleum-based fuels altogether, on a worldwide basis. But so many other products are based on petroleum, you’re naive if you think that they couldn’t balance their checkbook in the plastics or pharmaceuticals market. Not to mention hidden large scale industries in the alternative fuels arena that may well end up costing everyone more anyway.

I think we should just give it a try then we will know if it works or not. It just means you gotta fill up the day before, it doesn’t cost you anything more than good memory.

8. garrett says:

No one actually cares whether you buy gas or not…the people complaining are actually just annoyed by anyone taking an obviously pointless spam message seriously. Because if people start taking these seriously, the rest of us will just get bombarded by more of this crap.

9. Ken says:

GAS WAR – an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ‘ s worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the “don’t buy gas on a certain day” campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn’t continue to “hurt” ourselves by refusing
    to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you’re probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.99 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 – $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS
    control the
    marketplace…. not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can’t just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here’s the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON’T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to
    have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It’s really simple to do! Now, don’t wimp out at this point…. keep reading and I’ll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) … and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)…and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million
    get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it….. THREE
    >>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That’s all. (If you don’t understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people…. Well, let’s face it, you
    just aren’t a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I’ll bet you didn’t think you and I had that much potential, did
    you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

PS: When Exon Mobil lowers its gas price below it’s competitors, buy from them till the other dealers lower or match their price. Then start the process all over again.

10. Stressed says:

A ‘DO NOT BUY GAS DAY WON’T WORK’ but a DO NOT DRIVE DAY would work, stay home from work one day, do not go any place, including work would work wonders. The taxes would be lost along with businesses losing a day of production, and having to pay out for the day would be a trickle up to the top man. We could call it the ‘OCTANEFLU’ just like the cops used Blue Flu.

11. girrrrrrr2 says:

so is this going to happen again next year???

12. Izl says: